ISO someone who can design a robotic tripod head.

Hi,
My first post here. I have been looking all over for a gear head... a robotic or remote controlled tripod head that a 7-pound camera can be
mounted on. I am not a techhie of any sort, so please bear with me.
I've been looking for something I can screw onto a tripod, in which the head can rotate and raise and lower, in which the speed of rotation can be as slow as one revolution per day.
Ive looked at robotics kits, the Lego Mindsprings (someone actually designed a kit that turned on the horizontal axis only) and other kits, but haven't found anything that can do quite what I hope (which is to shoot time lapse movies where there is smooth camera movement in both horizontal and verticaal axis).
One other thing Ive considered as well is a rover type robot that can move just as slowly, like 10 feet per hour or so... where I can mount the robotic tripod head on it and let it run. I guess battery operation is all but a must.
Anyway, if anyone can create a unit such as this, wow. My head is swimming in the terminology like worm gears and planetary gears and stepper motors and all.
If anyone can guide me in the right direction, please email me at kmferron(PLEASE, No Spam) @yahoo.com.
Thanks so much.
--
Toast the post and shame the flame!

Floater wrote:

Here's exactly what you need.
http://www.newport.com/URS-Series-Precision-Rotation-Stages/303761/1033/catalog.aspx
High precision, no backlash, ultra-slow movement, fully programmable, from the leading US supplier of optical components.
                    John Nagle                     Animats
"Floater"

In saw in the news Brazilian channel one guy that uses a similar device to shoot pictures of the stars using very long exposures and actually keep the stars movement frozen (ok, earth movement if you don't believe the universe turns around us). I believe he created the device himself. I'll try to get more info on that.
Cheers
Padu
Floater wrote:

I have used my friends LXD55 telescope mount to make timelapse movies with smooth motion. I need to write some better software to co-ordinate my camera controller and the tripod. I have built some small robotic vehicles. I plan on eventually making a robotic camera vehicle.
--remove chain to reply

Amature Astronomes use ready-buildt pan\tilt heads for tripods whit their telescopes (that can be controlled by a PC)
AP