LED Accelerator Argy-Bargy

As some of you may have noticed I have been a vocal critic of Mr Lowrie

and his claimed LED Accelerator.

In sci.engr.lighting I offered to send Mr Lowrie, with return postage

paid,a disposable camera to take photographs of this development.

Mr Lowrie retains copyright of his photographs but I have licence to use

them with appropriate credit in any commentary I may have on the device.

Mr Lowrie has accepted this offer and has told me that the photographs

will include Voltage, Current Lux and nM meter readings with his device connected.

I remain verey very sceptical about this device but will make whatever

photographs I obtain available to sci.engr.lighting, sci.electronics.design and

Adam

Peter Lowrie follows up:

what it's all about.

So that's all good and proper, thank you Adam. As it turns out you are not only a scholar but a gentleman also. Scott Stephens has been scratching his head, Daniel Stern ever the businessman trusts no-one and Clives LED teleporter sounds amazing...LOL.

Still a prototype sits atop the oscilloscope over there on the corner of my table as it has been for about four weeks now shining away in two modes - 'accelerated' and non. Not one LED has gone Poof, snap, crackle or Pop!

Whereas component values won't be displayed, I'll also shoot a temperature measurement on the bright LED's for you. Adam didn't mention input voltages which I will be able to show in photographs - that the unit is running from a 9 volt supply. Hope is I can photograph it all in such a manner as to not give a secret away and clear enough so that Daniel will be able to trace the test leads back to instruments thus verifying that no skulduggery is afoot. I do not want to lead you gentlemen astray and given the pressure exerted by way of your (and other posters) various dubious assertions of malfeasance and snake charming, methinks any lesser mortal or fraudster would have shrunk back into some dark recess, disappearing from view by now.

You all have available comprehensive information from links on the site regarding my various exploits, endeavours and accomplishments by way of a downloadable CV. Terms like; open book, spring to mind.

Oh, by the way, an offer arrived yesterday which I will consider in due course. :-)

Yours etc Peter Lowrie

Reply to
Peter Lowrie

Have a more comprehnsive reply but in meantime, your vote counts ;-)

Adam

Reply to
Peter Lowrie

Pulse width modulating an LED for higher instantaneous power yet maintaining the same or lower average power (heat dissipation) has been around for years and is easily implemented with a LM555. So what is the big deal?

sci.electronics.design

Reply to
Jose Cuervo

Yep, any *555 will do it, then there's the switch.

Reply to
Peter Lowrie