Linear Actuator

I am looking for a linear actuator with the following specs. This may be pushing it, but here's my ideal machine:
1,000 lb force
1 in/sec travel DC motor fits in a 3.5x3.5 inch square tube
I'm able to have gears or bearings or whatever manufactured, if anyone knows of a motor with sufficient torque and speed that, when linked to the (threaded rod?) actuaotr will produce the end specs.
Thanks for any help or guidance.
Further info:
I've been researching the mechanical advantage of screw drives. I think I've go this about right.
If I use a 1/4 20 screw shaft (all-thread), my motor will need to turn 1200rpm with a torque of around 8 in/lbs.
That seems somewhat reasonable, based on what I've seen in industrial motors. Does anyone know of an affordable (under $100) source for such a DC motor?
Thanks.

knows
Let's see. Converting to metric units (sorry !)
force = 1000lbf = 4400N distance = 1" = 0.025 m therefore work done per second = 110 Joules, implying power output of 110 Watts.
In practice motor efficiency is less than 70% (say 50%), and using a screw thread instead of a ball screw means considerably less than 50% . So, multiply all that together, and you need something like a motor input power of 440 Watts ...
Dave

Thanks, Dave. I'm having much better luck finding products by searching for wattage instead of torque.
Ball screw. Duh. That'll be my next google search!

be
If you use 1/4-20 all thread with a 1000 lbf, you will very likely remove the threads from the nut and/or rod, Assuming it doesn't just twist.
Look towards the professional manufacturers for the proper materials.
Mike

be
E. Lee Dickinson wrote:

You may want to look at motors (and complete actuators) for aircraft use, I vaguely recall some with characteristics in this class...
Be prepared to pay **lots** new, but you may be able to find remaindered, surplus or other low cost paths to acquisition.
...Brock.