looking for cheap low grade magnetic compass

Hi all -
We need a cheap electronic magnetic compass.
It'd be great if there were something in the < $30 range that had a
USB or RS232 output.
Does this exist?
Thank you- Matt Pease
On Jul 18, 9:42 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

The nicest (accuracy wise) compass I have used is the Devantech CMPS03. The interface is a timed pulse, or a I2C. I have interfaced to both with good success. It's a bit expensive, as shown from Acroname for $52.
http://www.acroname.com/robotics/parts/R117-COMPASS.html
Some people use the Dinsmore compass, but it only gives you rough quadrant or so accuaracy.
http://www.dinsmoresensors.com/index.html
I couldn't find price information on this one, and I have never personally used it.
I've often thought about adding a compass to our product line. If you would be interested, contact me off list, and we can discuss what it would take.
-- Randy M. Dumse www.newmicros.com Caution: Object in mirror are more confused than they appear.