Lynxmotion SSC-01

Hello,

If anyone is familiar with the Lynxmotion SSC-01, can you please enlighten me as to the following?

I just ordered a Serial Servo Controller for my thesis project and while waiting for it to arrive, I'm trying to write the driving software but am unsure of a few details. In the specifications it states that 3 bytes should be transferred to the SSC; 1 to synchronise, 1 to select the servo, and 1 for the position. Does this device return an acknowledgement packet? Do I have to worry about parity bits etc, or is it just a simple matter of dumping the 3 bytes to the COM port and hope for the best?

Any information would be greatly appreciated,

-Duncan

Reply to
Blog the Haggis

I'm pretty sure you just dump the packet and watch it go.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Lerman

Yeah, I was hoping it would be that simple but I just wanted to check before I finalise my code.

thanks Mark,

-Duncan

Reply to
Blog the Haggis