Machine Vision / Image Processing Library

Can anyone recommend a commercial machine vision type software library that is PC based?

I've looked at a number of machine vision vendors (Cognex, DVT, SEEK, etc.) and all seem to meet/excede the processing capabilities that I am looking for: 1024x768 color, ~1/20 sec processing time, need to identify edges/geometry and generate measurements based on camera location and known reference points (may be a mix of library and custom code), OCR/Bar code read from image a plus. However, all of these folks push to the model of process at the camera.

My application consolidates images from multiple cameras to a single processing point and still ~1/20 sec time per image is OK. Distributing the processing out to individual cameras is both a horsepower and $$ overkill.

-Matthew

Reply to
matthew.a.beck

Dear Matthew, I have been in the machine vision industry for 8+ years, formerly with Cognex, now I run my own vision integration company called Vision Controls Inc. What you are describing sounds reasonable with several methods. I would be happy to discuss the details with you if you are looking for someone to provide a turnkey solution. I can be reached at

630-631-8750 or snipped-for-privacy@visioncontrolsinc.com . I hope to hear from you. Regards Greg Dallstream
Reply to
Vision Controls