Mindstorm questions

RXC1.0 Mindstorms, LEJOS
HELLO! I cant seem to find a LEJOS forum anywhere, so if there is one could someone pelase link me.. otherwise.
I am having trouble using a timer. In my program the robot is ment to follow a wall and when it loses the wall it spins around in circles in a loop trying to find the wall again. However , sometimes it does not find the wall again and will keep spinning around indefinetely! So what I want do is put a timer on this loop which will break out of the loop after 5 seconds. So what I have done is this.
class Robot implements TimerListener {     private static boolean breakOut = true;     private static Sensor lightSensor3 = Sensor.S3; public void timedOut()     {      breakOut = false;      Sound.beep();     }
    public static void goLeftWithSensor()     {         Timer timer = new Timer(5000, new Robot());         timer.start();         moveForward(9);         while (lightSensor3.readValue() < 33 && breakOut)         {             stop();             setSpeed(5);             go_left();         }         timer.stop();     } }
This class is called in the sensor listner every time the value is below 33 and then this class will keep the robot in the while loop untill the sensor value is greater then 33. So this class will be called a lot. However, I only want to do this for 5 seconds. This works correctly, but say if it breaks out of the while loop before the timer is up, it will still activate the timedOut() method.
So my question is, how to make it so the timedOut method is ONLY accessed when the timer reaches 5 seconds, not before even if the loop is broken out of and the program keeps going.
Also, is it possible to detect if a wheel is jammed and not moving? so I can make it revearse.
Thanks in advance!

There is a huge LEGO forum, with lots of activity; it's at <http://news.lugnet.com>. If you ask in the Robotics subforum, I'm sure you can find someone who can help with LEJOS.
Good luck, - Joe
--
"Polywell" fusion -- an approach to nuclear fusion that might actually work.
Learn more and discuss via: <http://www.strout.net/info/science/polywell/>