C-R-M: Suggested posting format

To help as a low-end filter against all the splorge, I suggest we append C-R-M to all new and replied-to postings that really belong here. See
the subject of this message.
It will also help not to cross-post to any other newsgroup. If you are replying to a message that was cross-posted, remove the other newsgroups.
-- Gordon

I was thinking the same but it does have a tendancy to copy existing messgaes with the Subject intact......
Michael
Michael wrote:

The latest batch seems to be just random shit, with random user names of the form firstname.lastname. "Tagging" the subject might work for a while, at any rate.
-- Gordon

Sounds like its worth a try-I would really just like to quash the bastards who are doing this-For no other motive then to be disruptive. Doesnt seem to be a motive-Its not advertising.....Its just garbage. Its one thing if they just targeted one group for some reason(pissing contest,whatever) but to just deluge an entire network. Hopefully they will just go back to playing with themselves again soon.
Mark

Something I've noticed. This thing has created so much spam, it looks like it is as tired of looking back as we are to find valid posts to spam with. What I've noticed is now we are only getting one post spams. If you see one with multiple posts on it, it's probably a real post. Therefore, if you see a valid post back in the pack, even if you've only got marginal interest in it, post to it to keep it near the front of the pack of latest posts.
So along with using CRM as a lead in in the subject, I'd also suggest the original poster posting twice. We can spot those easily against the flood of one subject and post per spams.
-- Randy M. Dumse www.newmicros.com Caution: Object in mirror are more confused than they appear.

Gordon, do you also mean in the subject line ? jcd
pogo wrote:

Just in the subject line. That way we can just scan down to find what we want.

Cool. thanks! jcd