NG Question

How come is it my user name, 2fast, is on a bullshit religious rant entitled "Troubleshooting Fuel Problems with RC Nitro Engines]"? What's up with the Bull Pucky?

Reply to
2fast

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 22:36:28 -0700, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and 2fast instead replied:

It's been happening in a lot of newsgroups lately. Mostly technical and hobby newsgroups. Someone is forging headers pretending to be newsgroup regulars. Then they cross post to other newsgroups. The idea is for the others to block your messages in a kill file. If they do that to enough people and others block them all, the newsgroup dies. That's the mission.

Advice to those here? Just ignore the threads or kill a post using the subject rather than the poor guy who has been forged. After all, Mike is a good guy and the forger is not.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Yeah.It's some kind of Bot..the guy hooks it up downlaods a few messages and then replies with cross posting using the same names to a bunch of other places and injects random garbage.

It may kill usenet completely..it certtainly slows the 'net down.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher