Dual device one shot timer....flip flop timer?

Hello all,

I'm looking for a timer that will run two devices both of which will be

120v. I need a trigger switch...or at least a timer that will allow a trigger switch to be added. The timer itself should be adjustable say 1 second to 5 minutes per device. I need the devices to run one after the other. So say device one runs 5 seconds (upon trigger) device one then is stopped and the second device is run for say 15 seconds (or some number) then stops. This being repeatable by pressing said trigger. I've searched and searched and perhaps it is me but I can't seem to locate one on the net that will do this. Anyone have some ideas as to where? Maybe even a part number?

Thank you, Paul

Reply to
Paul

You could make such a device with 4 transistors and a couple of relays, some capacitors, resistors, and pots. Make a free running multi-vibrator out of one set of transistors, with the adjustable timing, and make a toggle on-off for the set-up out of the other two transistors.

Reply to
indago

It sounds like a 556 dual timer to me. These are about a quarter from a wholesaler and a buck or two in bubble pack at Radio Shack. Couple this to an SSR and you can control about any kind of AC load.

Reply to
Greg

It is cheaper to build the circuit yourself, but if your time is limited and you don't want to fool around with component parts , pre-assembled variable timers do exist.

Also, many companies sell time delay relays. This is just one example.

Electronics) Type "time delay" in their search field.

Beachcomber

Reply to
Beachcomber

This company sells to businesses only but at least you can see what's available. They sell stuff from several different companies.

Dean

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

A toggling device -- latch and unlatch -- would have to be added to this so that it would turn off after one complete cycle, but that's no problem.

Reply to
indago

Wow thanks for the responses on the timers. I wouldn't mind making one however I'm not sure where I would start. As I'm not truly an EE or even a novice at it. Perhaps I could use predesigned boards and wire them up in a project box...?

Someone posted a link to a timer however is a timer that is DPDT just going to turn on both devices at the same time? Or does this mean there is going to be two different timers involved with it? If not would I simply use 3 of these timers to cause the same effect. One "on delay" timer with an "off delay" timer connected on the energized side with the first device...then yet another "on delay" timer connected below the "off delay" timer? Perhaps I'm over complicating things.

Thanks, Paul

Reply to
Paul

?Ref=241767&Site=US&Cat=32965714 Digikey has timer relays (see above) unless you just want to build it yourself.

Andy

Reply to
Andy