jlink wildfire 2 possible at all ?

compiled myInstallTest.java:

import com.ptc.cipjava.*; import com.ptc.pfc.pfcSession.*; import com.ptc.pfc.pfcGlobal.*; import com.ptc.pfc.pfcCommand.*;

public class myInstallTest{

public static void start (){ System.out.println ("Start install test started"); } public static void stop (){ System.out.println ("Start install test stopped"); }

} "javac myInstallTest.java" compiles OK, so my CLASSPATH is OK and my PATH points to a javac.exe

start proe from the dir this freshly compiled .class is in and register this protk.dat:

name myInstallTest startup java java_app_class myInstallTest java_app_start start java_app_stop stop allow_stop true delay_start false end

"startup of myInstallTest failed"

WTF

wzzl

btw I installed jdk1.3.1_04 like the PTC website says

Reply to
stinky wizzleteet

In linux this fails also, but now I got some output :

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /usr/local/ptc/proeWildfire2.0/i486_linux/lib/libjavaxportmtz.so: /usr/local/ptc/proeWildfire2.0/i486_linux/lib/libbaselibmtz.so: undefined symbol: __check_null_eh_spec at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source) at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source) at com.ptc.cipjava.NativeTransport.(NativeTransport.java:139) at com.ptc.cipjava.CIPTransport.openConnection(CIPTransport.java:55) at com.ptc.pfc.Implementation.Starter.serverLoop(Starter.java:56) at com.ptc.pfc.Implementation.Starter.main(Starter.java:44)

This seems to mean that the fault lies with ptc....

wzzl

Reply to
stinky wizzleteet

Hi all,

My jlink works now, and the problem was the JRE installed for the browser.

Apparently I cannot get mozilla to work with the plugins provided with the JRE that comes with the SDK. So, I installed a jre for the browser in c:\program files, buttttt.... it also places a java.exe in c:\windows\system32 This particular java.exe is found by pro-e before the one in c:\j2sdk1.4.2_04\bin and hence the jlink program fails.

hip hip huzza for SUN !

wzzl

PS what the deal is with java in LINUX remains to be seen, but prob something similar; pro-e finds the wrong java executable.

st>

Reply to
stinky wizzleteet

David Janes