Motor suppliers ?

Hi, Who would you recommended in the UK to supply small 12dc geared motors around the 2 to 4 watts range and not too costly ?
Motors with rear motor shafts for mounting an encoder would be ideal. Any links appreciated. Thanks Dave
Dave Rose wrote:

It's difficult to say, most I've seen fitting that sort of description are aimed industrial... companies like Maxon (also stocked thru' Farnell) but your talking starting figures in excess of 40 - 70.
It maybe easier to look at surplus stock thru' people like Greenweld, but that could be hit & miss.
I've a few contacts but it probably depend on what you think is costly!
regards, colin

Thanks Colin, I'm looking for a motor + gearbox for under 20. I don't need the quality of motors like Maxon. The difficulty being, the cheaper motors don't have the rear shaft.
I've found http://www.mfacomodrills.com/gearboxes/gearboxes.html which I'm going to follow up and http://www.tridenteng.co.uk/FrameMotors.htm
Cheers, Dave
MFA Como is about it unfortunately. I usually buy them on eBay, if you have a buddy in Germany they are really cheap.
message

Hi Robin, Thanks, I tried MFA but they couldn't offer a 12v motor with a rear motor shaft . Only the 24v versions have these. But http://www.tridenteng.co.uk/ do a wide range. http://www.tridenteng.co.uk/Trident%20mtr_ghds.htm The 20GN looked about what I was after so I called them. They prefer orders of about 10+ units but mentioned RS do this motor at about 20. Cheers Dave

Sell: China Shenzhen ZHAOWEI Machinery & Electronics Co. Ltd engages in designing , manufacturing and marketing all kinds of electric motors. They are mainly suitable for the following applications: smart home application used in sm art kitchen and laundry, medical instrument for personal care, smart E-tran smission applied in automobile, industry automation applied in telecommunic ation and a great variety of plastic/metal planetary gearbox in different s izes. In order to develop the oversea market, we are current seeking new partne rs around the world to create a bright future together. ZhaoWei is a right choice and excellent partnership with sincere services.
Company: Shenzhen ZHAOWEI Machinery & Electronics Co., Ltd URL: http://www.zwgearbox.com/ Contact: Anny Liu Tel?+86-755-27322652 Fax?+86-755-27323949 E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@zwgearbox.com Add: Blk. 18, Longwangmiao Industry Park, Fuyong Tn., Bao?an Dist., Shenzhen 518103, Guangdong, China