New 5-beam sharp distance sensor

I just saw this new product announcement in Circuit Celler, and though you guys here would be interested. Here are some excerpts;

-------------------- FIVE-BEAM, WIDE-ANGLE SENSORS The industry's first five-beam, wide-angle sensors feature wide area triangulation sensing capability. Part of an expanded lineup of distance-measuring sensors, the new five-beam, wide-angle sensors offer a 25=B0 wide measuring angle. They come in three detection ranges from 4 to 300 cm. .=2E.

Typical applications include robotic vacuum cleaners, ATM machines, smart vending machines, and amusement equipment that remain in Sleep mode until a user approaches. ...

The sensors cost $24 in 1,000-piece quantities.

Sharp Microelectronics of the Americas

-----------------------

Reply to
cadcoke3

I just tried to find more information from sharp's web site, but didn't have success. It is not even in their press releases. The article from Circuit Celler magazine was from July '05. Here is the link;

Joe Dunfee

Reply to
cadcoke3

See if this helps. Go to

enter GP2Y3A into the product search.

Here's one of the datasheets for that product line:

Susan

Reply to
Susan Saint Paul

Just contacted a UK Sharp distro, 16 week lead time and GBP20.00 each at

100up - ouch!

Gerry.

------

Reply to