OMRON LCDs

I have a pile (serveral boxes, maybe 20 screens in all) of some old OMRON LCD touchscreens. They are pretty nice, about 2" x 5", model no. NT20S-161B and NT20S-121B.

They both use some sort of hardware protocol that described in the docs as NT or Host protocol... (There is apparently a RS-232C serial version of these LCDs, the NT20S-128, which, alas, I do not have.) No further information is given concerning this protocol.

I've taken one apart and it looks like there is a sandwich of 3 boards; the topmost being the communications stuff, the second most is possibly some sort of intelligent controller w/ memory, and the third is attached to the LCD itself. The chips on this last board are Epson and Omron.

The LCDs are date stamped 1997. They boot up, backlights come on, and display a "Waiting for Host Communication" message....

Anyone know anything about these? Any way I can use them for anything?

I even have a project in mind; just so happens that my microwave at home is dying; I think a kitchen computer, using an LCD touchscreen, and built into a microwave cabinet would be very cool..... Sort of like this:

I've also got OMRON CPU PLC boxes, power supplies, and some other odds and ends. I guess that if I can't use the LCDs directly, I could try to program the PLCs to run the LCDs... But again, I have no docs for any of this stuff other than what I can find on the web.

Captain Dondo