Opportunity Digs; Spirit Advances

I have seem solid sulfur in many forms in many different outcrops, but nothing quite like what we see at the Opportunity site. Remember it is high in sulfur. But it is not pure sulfur.
George wrote:

Perhaps these light colored, soft rocks are an evaporite from an ancient dried up sea, high in sulfates like magnesium sulfate evaporites on Earth. That would allow for the possibility that the spherules settled into the salt deposit as it formed, from the brine layer, over a long period of time.
--
John Popelish

high
It is certainly a possibility. At this point, until more data is released, it is all conjecture. One thing I think is it safe to say that it isn't: It's not limestone. :-)
I am having trouble adding Elifritz to my trn KILL file.
Can anyone help me out?
I can do "K" to kill the subject, but I don't know how to KILL on the author.
I figured others might be interested in how to do this also.
--
- Alan Kilian <alank(at)timelogic.com>
Director of Bioinformatics, TimeLogic Corporation 763-449-7622
snipped-for-privacy@raceme.UUCP (Alan Kilian) wrote in message :

Is that some kind of veiled threat?
Or are you just another asshole. Just filter me, it's easy, and if you can't figure it out, you must be a moron, and they should relieve you of your tenure forthwith.
Thomas Lee Elifritz http://elifritz.members.atlantic.net
--
- Alan Kilian <alank(at)timelogic.com>
Director of Bioinformatics, TimeLogic Corporation 763-449-7622

Sure. So beyond this spectroscopy data, is there any data that you have tried to get but couldn't? And can you explain why waiting 6 months is going to prevent you from doing good science?
February 20, 2004
snipped-for-privacy@cs.indiana.edu (Kenneth Chiu) wrote in message :

If you are really interested, I can fill you in on my specific interest in this mission. I am not by any means an expert, but I am intimately familiar with things like algal and microbial mats, stromatolites, and the effects of large scale glaciation on sedimentary and cementaceous strata. I was born in central Wisconsin, and I have lived on the Great Bahama Bank for decades. I've seen this all before. It's fairly clear to me now, Mars is heavily glaciated with indurated ice sheets relatively unique to Mars, and the deposition is almost certainly biogenically enhanced and/or modified.
These missing spectra are crucial to my analyses.
Watching Squyres squirm is almost comical.
It's almost just too much to take.
I am so disappointed.
Thomas Lee Elifritz http://elifritz.members.atlantic.net
Thomas Lee Elifritz wrote:

Tom,
    Learn to live with disappointment. Or get yourself some patience. Your choice.
Tom McDonald

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Anne+Frank+patience
--
Randy M. Dumse

Caution: Objects in mirror are more confused than they appear.
February 21, 2004

Is that the new American creed?

Or some lawyers. This is America, right?

Since logic utterly fails on you, then I choose profanity.
Where is the spectroscopy, asshole?
Thomas Lee Elifritz http://elifritz.members.atlantic.net