[OT] Small touch LCD screen

Hello guys,
in my mind you are experts in finding components that use a minimum of juice and offer a maximum in flexibility.
I am looking for a small touch LCD screen of about 3 inches on 6 inches. I would like to power it with 2 to 4 AA batteries ( if possible, I have no clue really ).
T.

If you have no clue my guess is this is for hobby not production. In that case surplus is a good source. HSC have some at 2 for $60 at the moment, but they don't have the power supply for the CCFL backlight (which could be a headache to make/source):
http://www.halted.com/commerce/catalog/product.jsp?product_id 548&czuid18246397781
EarthLCD always have a selection:
http://store.earthlcd.com /
Interfacing touch-screen LCDs to your own CPU can be an interesting experience. A second-hand PDA will be a similar cost, not much larger and you can interface it to your robot over RS232.
Tim
--
You are being watched. This gives you power.

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 17:32:08 +0100, Tim Auton

All Electronics has a CCFL inverter that might work. Cheap, too. <http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=search&item=INV-7&type=store>
--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA

Thanks for this information.