Pancake motor w/ integrated PCB?

While scavenging for bot parts, I disassembled a Sony cassette walkman and found a very thin (~6mm) pancake motor with a small PCB embedded in it. In addition to the red and black power wires, there's also white and orange wires connected.

I imagine it's quite efficient, but I'm guessing the white/orange pair need some signal in order to switch on, reverse, etc. My naive attempts to just hook up the the power wires didn't produce any movement, nor did connecting the white and orange pair. Has anyone come across such a motor before, or offer a suggestion on how to "make it go"?

EB

Reply to
Ed Brocklehurst