problems with reflectivity values by laserscanner LMS 200-30106 (Sick)

hello,

is anybody else working with this kind of laserscanner? I=B4ve got some problems with the remission data (reflectivity) delivered by the scanner.

I expected to realize with the range and also remission data some structural passages in my visualization of the environment. Dark or bad reflecting materials should have low remission values in contrast to bright or good reflecting ones, at least in same distance regions!

But the data is correlated with the range values as well as the angle of incidence in such an intense manner, that i cannot recognize crossings of the scanned structure, which i expected to.

Actually, i=B4ve got rid of the correlation with range values by taking into account only the difference between remission and range values.

But the angle of incidence is still a problem!

So i really look forward to talk to somebody who is also working with LMS 200 and/or has already reached my aims!

Best regards, Christian Scheurer

Reply to
Christian.Scheurer