Re: motorized arm engineering contest

Some people may say this is a cheap way of getting your projects completed for you. Some people may also say that there is more chance of meeting Elvis than seeing the $500.

I am an engineer for a company who has to design a motorized arm for a > client asap. I would like to get some help from other engineers in > developing the procedures of the control software for optimum > precision at rated speed. I am a good coder, but not very experienced > in motor control. Due to the high operational inertia and precision > guidance requirements of this arm, I will need more than encoder > feedback and will need speed management software on a desktop pc > computer that will convert cartesian coordinate data to motor speed > data before operation. A picture of the arm and description are at >
Whoever contacts me with the best control > procedure information regarding this project by Sept. 1 will be > awarded $500. If you need any more details about the contest email me > at snipped-for-privacy@surfy.net > > Thanks, > Kyle Miller > (941) 488-9818
Reply to
Alan Paton

This is not a difficult problem at all. I wouldn't say you have a high- inertia system at all. Maybe when you get all the parts on there.

You should be able to handle it without any particular problems. Take a look at

I built an x-y stage and machined toy robot parts out of paneling about a year ago. See

Alan Kilian

In article , Alan Kilian wrote: See

I'm not sure why this one didn;t get through.

You can also see:

Reply to
Alan Kilian