Re: motorized arm engineering contest

Some people may say this is a cheap way of getting your projects completed for you. Some people may also say that there is more chance of meeting Elvis than
seeing the $500.

This is not a difficult problem at all. I wouldn't say you have a high- inertia system at all. Maybe when you get all the parts on there.
You should be able to handle it without any particular problems. Take a look at http://www.linuxcnc.org / I built an x-y stage and machined toy robot parts out of paneling about a year ago. See http://www.bobodyne.com/web-docs/robots/Mill /
--
- Alan Kilian <alank(at)timelogic.com>
Bioinformatics Applications Director, TimeLogic Corporation