Reading 802.11b/g signal strength (SNR)

Is there a set of API functions in Linux, QNX and/or Windows to read signal strength (SNR) of the 802.11b/g ?
Luke

Note that "signal strength" is *not* "SNR". SNR stands for Signal to Noise Ratio, and is expressed in dB, while signal strength is expressed in -dBm.
--
Floyd L. Davidson <http://www.apaflo.com/floyd_davidson
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska) snipped-for-privacy@apaflo.com

For windows, you can get this through WMI (do a search for "WMI wireless signal strength" or something like that). I've used this on my PC based robots, works good.
-Hoss
Hoss,
Would it be too much to ask if you could share related bits of your code with us, so that we learn from your experience?

This is what I used in a VB6 app.
Private Sub Timer1_Timer() Set nicset GetObject("winmgmts:!root/wmi").InstancesOf("MSNdis_80211_ReceivedSignalStrength") On Error GoTo no80211Error For Each nic In nicset SignalStrengthValue = Right(nic.Ndis80211ReceivedSignalStrength, Len(nic.Ndis80211ReceivedSignalStrength) - 1) If SignalStrengthValue <> "" Then SendText ("S=NetSignalStrength~" & SignalStrengthValue) End If Exit For Next nicset = Nothing Exit Sub
no80211Error: SendToConsole "No 802.11 network adapters found" Timer1.Enabled = False End Sub