Remote LED

Well at work we just go a new sign in board, it uses Magnets about the size of a nickel. So I want something a little more elaborate then
just a run of the mill magnet. So I was hoping to create a miniature remote controlled light switch. My initial idea is to glue a watch battery to a magnet and fine a tiny remote receiver a put a red a green LED in there. The other reason for doing this is the board is on the other side of the office and I leave out the back so I would never go by the board and therefor I would forget to change my magnet to 'out', that and I am kinda a nerd but mostly the forgetful thing. My other down fall is that the company I would for is all about cleanliness and what not so it would have to look nice. So I am thinking a black box 2"x1"x1/2". So if anyone have any ideas on what parts to use or something else I could use that would be great. Thanks.
Casey
    --Howzabout using something like this: http://www.evilmadscientist.com /     --Got to see the circuit board last night at a Make event; very nicely done.
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : The impeachment process
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : exists for a reason...