Remotely operated relay for industrial lighting

I am searching for a remotely activated contact relay with 120v coil and 12vdc contact capacity. The relay will be used to individually dim
high bay lighting in an industrial situation. I want to activate the relay with a hand held device with a range of at least 100'. I have 124 lights that I want the capability to dim remotely. The relays should all have the same signal ID so that multiple hand held activation devices could activate any light.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sep 17, 3:32 pm, snipped-for-privacy@asexcellence.com wrote:

Smarthome.com has a lot of that type of stuff for home use. Most of their stuff are improvements over the old X-10 stuff. They do have RF remotes. I know the Insteon line has the kind of range you are looking for.
Joe Dunfee
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 16:37:42 -0700, cadcoke4 wrote:

Did you [john.golden] accidentally get the coil voltage and contact voltages reversed, or are you indeed using a 120V control voltage and a 12V DC lighting circuit? As I recall, most of the SmartHome equipment assumes that the lights will be at full line voltage, although they may have some low-voltage equipment for outdoor use. I would have assumed that an industrial lighting circuit would be powered by line voltage. Also, since you said you wanted to dim the lamps, you will need a dimmer- based (TRIAC-based) device, rather than a simple relay, which would only give you on/off control, not dimming.
--
John F. Eldredge -- snipped-for-privacy@jfeldredge.com
PGP key available from http://pgp.mit.edu
snipped-for-privacy@asexcellence.com wrote:

This is very confused.
First, relays are on/off devices, not dimmers.
Second, you apparently want a whole remote control system, not just relays. That's available.
Third, only some kinds of high bay lights are dimmable. Mercury vapor lighting is not dimmable. Metal halide lamps are dimmable only with very special controllers; most can't be dimmed below 50% before lamp life gets much worse. Fluorescents are dimmable, but require suitable ballasts and controllers. None of this stuff is cheap in the ratings required for big high-bay lights. But all the gear is available, and it's probably installed at a mall near you.
Read this:
http://www.aboutlightingcontrols.org/education/papers/hiddimming.shtml
                John Nagle
Add pictures here