Robotic arm with vision

Hi I am working on developing a robotic arm with vision capabilities. The arm is modeled along the lines of the Lynxmotion arms (with base
rotation, shoulder, elbow and wrist motions). I have not added a gripper because what I am trying to achieve is object tracking, teaching the robotic arm movements by observing human arm etc. For this, I think a single web-cam with a proximity sensor like an IR distance sensor should suffice. On the image processing front, standard object tracking techniques like Image Subtraction will fail because I am mounting the web-cam on a platform on the robotic arm's wrist. So because the camera itself is moving, subtracting the current image directly from the previous one will not yield any result. I need help in developing the image processing algorithm for the OBJECT TRACKING APPLICATION. Thanks
Arun India
Hello, maybe you could be interested in my project of this robotic arm, similar to those of Lynxmotion but with some semplifications. http://www.geocities.com/gidesay/roboticarm.html
Gidesa

That is a very slick and ingenious looking arm you made there! Congratulations!