denavit hartenberg table for my 5 DOF robotic arm

Hello everyone!

I'm having trouble finding the denavit hartenberg matrix for a 5 DOF robotic arm. The schematic of the robot is on the following link (it was drawn in solidworks):

. I need the denavit hartenberg table so I can perform simulations on matlab.

Everything works fine until i reach join nº4, where it has to rotate around it self, and I am absolutely lost, no idea how to make it rotate the way it must on MatLab.

Here is how i thought the DH table would look like:

Th* L d alfa

0 0 L1 pi/2 0 L2 0 0 0 L3 0 pi/2 0 L4 0 pi/2 0 L5 0 0

*All Th values are variable.

Every joint rotates as it should, except joint number 4, wich has to rotate around itself

Any ideas?

Thank you very much.

Reply to
Median

That looks pretty much like an articulated planar arm with a spherical wrist. I've seen -pi/2 then +pi/2 in the wrist; but that really doesn't change anything. Maybe you had the last length in the wrong spot?

Th* L d alfa

0 0 L1 pi/2 0 L2 0 0 0 L3 0 -pi/2 0 L4 0 pi/2 0 0 L5 0

- Daniel

Reply to
D Herring