Need porting of German AI into Java

The Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) at
http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/mindforth.txt
has been re-recreated in the German language at
http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/DeKi.txt
and needs porting into the Java language.
There are no funds available for payment but mega kudos will accrue to the successful Java programmer who creates the Java True AI based on the various AI Minds such as
http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/AiMind.html
in English over JavaScript and the Russian
http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/Dushka.html
also in JavaScript.
Mentifex (Arthur)
--
http://mind.sourceforge.net/java.html
http://www.listbox.com/subscribe/?list_id=303

So what human language and computer language is it in now, and what human language / Java do you want to port it to?
What skills will a suitable candidate need?
What does it do?

English; German; Russian;

Forth; JavaScript

all human languages, present and historical; Java for robots; Java for Web domains.

creativity and a sense that the world is mad;

thinks.

Arthur
Mentifex wrote:

If it exists, presumably in the language of the designer choice, why does it need porting?
BugBear

Wotan Supercomputer Strong AI in 64-bit Linux iForth needs porting into Java and other mainstream languages for the sake of AI evolution and The Singularity.
Mentifex (Arthur)
Mentifex wrote:

The information content of that sentence is extremely close to 0.
My I suggest that you run it by 10 of your friends who are not involved with your AI project. Ask them to paraphrase it. Take that group of ten sentences and give them to a different set of ten friends. Ask each of those friends to convey the information they received in a SINGLE sentence.
Do any of those sentences convey the same information as what you wrote?
P.S. - before retirement I often found myself as a "translator" between "disciplines". Interesting - as in old curse "may you live in interesting times" ;/
Signed: Professional Nitpicker {AKA QA/QC/Acceptance Inspector ;}
On 12/7/2012 12:21 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:

Huh. I wonder if someone is testing out an AI on *us*?
On 12/7/2012 4:25 PM, markspace wrote:

It does seem strange. I would have thought Forth would be a good choice of language for some types of AI, and any porting would be to other versions of Forth, not to such a very different language as Java.
Patricia

Folks, this is Mentifex. We're used to low information content.
Cheers, Elizabeth
Elizabeth D. Rather (US & Canada) 800-55-FORTH
On 12/7/2012 7:53 PM, Elizabeth D. Rather wrote:

This: http://www.nothingisreal.com/mentifex_faq.html ?
Arne
On 12/7/12 2:59 PM, Arne Vajhj wrote:

Yes.
Elizabeth D. Rather (US & Canada) 800-55-FORTH

I tried to use Forth in my own AI development. I tried really, really hard. But it just leaves too much "cockpit workload" when the actual application of itself requires more brain cells than I have. What strengths Forth still posesses WRT the rest of the world are down near embedded apps, not up in high level ones. IMHO.
Andy

I agree.
Andy Valencia wrote:

Have you tried AI in Java ? (Serious question)
-- chris

I've done some large projects in Java, and found Java development to be more like rigid old Fortran/C edit-compile-run development, even with an IDE plus debugger. Python's easily the best fit.
Andy Valencia Home page: http://www.vsta.org/andy/ To contact me: http://www.vsta.org/contact/andy.html
Andy Valencia wrote:

Thanks.
Which is more-or-less what I would have expected myself. So I share Patricia's surprise that someone would be "porting" AI from Forth to /Java/. Leaving it in Forth (or, as I suppose you would say, "/even/ leaving it in Forth") would be better ;-)
[By the way, for the c.l.f-ers in reading this. I haven't used Forth enough myself to have any opinion at all on how well it would compete with -- say -- Lisp or Python for AI]
-- chris
On 12/15/2012 6:56 AM, Andy Valencia wrote:

If you do not like a compile phase then Java is not a language for you.
Arne