Need porting of German AI into Java

The Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) at

has been re-recreated in the German language at

and needs porting into the Java language.
There are no funds available for payment but
mega kudos will accrue to the successful Java
programmer who creates the Java True AI
based on the various AI Minds such as

in English over JavaScript and the Russian

also in JavaScript.
Mentifex (Arthur)
Reply to
Mentifex
So what human language and computer language is it in now, and what human language / Java do you want to port it to?
What skills will a suitable candidate need?
What does it do?
Reply to
Roedy Green
English; German; Russian;
Forth; JavaScript
all human languages, present and historical; Java for robots; Java for Web domains.
creativity and a sense that the world is mad;
thinks.
Arthur
Reply to
Mentifex
If it exists, presumably in the language of the designer choice, why does it need porting?
BugBear
Reply to
bugbear
Wotan Supercomputer Strong AI in 64-bit Linux iForth needs porting into Java and other mainstream languages for the sake of AI evolution and The Singularity.
Mentifex (Arthur)
Reply to
Mentifex
The information content of that sentence is extremely close to 0.
My I suggest that you run it by 10 of your friends who are not involved with your AI project. Ask them to paraphrase it. Take that group of ten sentences and give them to a different set of ten friends. Ask each of those friends to convey the information they received in a SINGLE sentence.
Do any of those sentences convey the same information as what you wrote?
P.S. - before retirement I often found myself as a "translator" between "disciplines". Interesting - as in old curse "may you live in interesting times" ;/
Signed: Professional Nitpicker {AKA QA/QC/Acceptance Inspector ;}
Reply to
Richard Owlett
Huh. I wonder if someone is testing out an AI on *us*?
Reply to
markspace
It does seem strange. I would have thought Forth would be a good choice of language for some types of AI, and any porting would be to other versions of Forth, not to such a very different language as Java.
Patricia
Reply to
Patricia Shanahan
Folks, this is Mentifex. We're used to low information content.
Cheers, Elizabeth
Reply to
Elizabeth D. Rather
This:
?
Arne
Reply to
Arne Vajhøj
Yes.
Reply to
Elizabeth D. Rather
I tried to use Forth in my own AI development. I tried really, really hard. But it just leaves too much "cockpit workload" when the actual application of itself requires more brain cells than I have. What strengths Forth still posesses WRT the rest of the world are down near embedded apps, not up in high level ones. IMHO.
Andy
Reply to
Andy Valencia
I agree.
Reply to
Hugh Aguilar
Have you tried AI in Java ? (Serious question)
-- chris
Reply to
Chris Uppal
I've done some large projects in Java, and found Java development to be more like rigid old Fortran/C edit-compile-run development, even with an IDE plus debugger. Python's easily the best fit.
Andy Valencia Home page:
To contact me:
Andy Valencia
Thanks.
Which is more-or-less what I would have expected myself. So I share Patricia's surprise that someone would be "porting" AI from Forth to /Java/. Leaving it in Forth (or, as I suppose you would say, "/even/ leaving it in Forth") would be better ;-)
[By the way, for the c.l.f-ers in reading this. I haven't used Forth enough myself to have any opinion at all on how well it would compete with -- say -- Lisp or Python for AI]
-- chris
Reply to
Chris Uppal
If you do not like a compile phase then Java is not a language for you.
Arne
Reply to
Arne Vajhøj