JavaScript AI Mind Programming Journal -- 2011 May 30

Mon.30.MAY.2011 -- Searching the AI Knowledge Base.
The JavaScript artificial intelligence (JSAI) is now being updated with new code from the MindForth AI,
which on 29 May 2011 gained the ability to search its knowledge base (KB) twice in response to a single query and provide different but valid answers by means of the neural inhibition of the first answer in order to arrive next at the second answer. In other words, the JSAI will be able to discuss a subject exhaustively in terms of what it knows about the subject -- a major step in our achievement of the MileStone of self-referential thought on the RoadMap to artificial general intelligence. The AI source code has not yet been fine-tuned. We hope to achieve in JavaScript the basic functionality that has been created in MindForth.
Upshot: After we transferred mutatis mutandis all the pertinent code from MindForth into the http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/AiMind.html program in JavaScript, the JSAI still did not work right. We had to hunt down and fix (by commenting out) some lines of obsolete code in the SpreadAct mind-module, where negative activation values were being reset to zero -- to the detriment of inhibition-values, which need to slowly PsiDecay upwards towards zero. We then achieved JSAI functionality on a par with MindForth. We entered new knowledge into the knowledge base (KB). We queried the KB twice with the same question, and the artificial AI Mind correctly gave us two different answers in complete agreement with the knowledge base.
Mentifex (Arthur) -- http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/AiMind.html http://cyborg.blogspot.com/2011/05/may30jsai.html http://code.google.com/p/mindforth/wiki/JsAiManual http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.javascript/msg/b0bb7fb4b5e25674

FYI, this page still does not work correctly with chrome.
Uncaught TypeError: Object #<CSSStyleDeclaration> has no method 'setAttribute' showSubjectAiMind.html:3296 SpreadActAiMind.html:563 NounActAiMind.html:673 NounPhraseAiMind.html:2807 EnCogAiMind.html:3198 ThInkAiMind.html:3258 MainLoopAiMind.html:3679

Which is unsurprising, since a CSSStyleDeclaration isn't supposed to have any setAttribute method. It'll probably be better to use the setProperty method, or, preferably, just write directly to the property name on the style object, i.e., foo.style.left = "10px"; instead of foo.style.setProperty("left","10px","");
/L
--
Lasse Reichstein Holst Nielsen