now for the vision

I have my robot platform, web cams, and new powerbook all ready to go. Now I get to start working with the vision aspects. I am wondering
what tools people have tried and their experiences with them. I'd like to eventually hook up stereo vision and do a great deal of image processing and later object recognition. The most usefull tools would be those that are simple and powerful. Documentation and examples are ofcourse also helpful. There are many tools listed in at sourceforge.net and I've also done some reading on TINA http://www.tina-vision.net/ Basically, what vision tools should i put my efforts into?
godavemon wrote:

go.
like
would
are
put
Thanks, I didn't know about tina-vision. I see they mention using it with the knoppix distribution. All the more incentive to get up to speed with learning how to write c programs in a Linux environment.
For some reason, after running knoppix and simplyMempis, the computer played up by trying to do something, resulting in making Windows too slow and unworkable. The keyboard kept flashing its Num, Caps and Scroll lights on/off and I couldn't type anything. I was only able to disable whatever it was by disabling the CDROM as an option for booting in the BIOS. I had to swap the booting from HD to CD for knoppix and back again to boot up in Windows.
I guess the only safe option is to devote a computer to Linux all by itself.
John
Have you used any other tools, or are you using tina? Which tools do you recomend?
[snip]

John,
Sure, but a dual boot scenario works equally well. I have used LILO (the LInux LOader) for years to boot various versions of Windows and Linux on the same machine. I do install Linux in separate partitions, however.
Jeff.
--
Jeff Shirley
snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com