SD Cards- where to find info on using them?

I tried searching the Net for information on Secure Data Cards (or
other types of flash memory) for their tech specs and info on using
them in embedded projects.
For instance, they would be perfect for data loggers.
Are there any sites out there?
Thanks.
Reply to
Ron Ciren
Which SD card ??
R> I tried searching the Net for information on Secure Data Cards (or
Reply to
hamilton
Any sort of memory card is of interest to me. The link that you sent had specs such as memory capacity, physical size, and so on. That is not the sort of specs I am looking for.
I am looking for specs that would allow me to build a project and use the card for data storage. For instance, these various cards have three, four, or more contacts on them. What are the voltages and signal types needed to store and retrieve data to/from them? That is the type of data that I am looking for.
Reply to
Ron Ciren
A quick Google search yields:

Heavy technical information but some good information on interfacing MMC cards:
More readable MMC card interfacing, application information and specifications:
Regards, Rob Lear
Reply to
Rob Lear
Recently a new board came out. You can use it to interface a sd/mmc card with any serial or i2c board. Price was reasonable.
I don't know a url so you'll have to search.
Peter
Reply to
Peter