PCB fabrication

Hi All,

I'm wanting to design a PCB and have it professionally manufactured. I don't need huge quantities and am going to design it myself. So far I've looked into the following companies:

Naturally, I'm looking for the least expensive solution. I think 2 layers will be enough and no fancy silk-screening or solder masks are needed. I'll probably start off with a quantity of 10. Anyone else have any suggestions whose already been down this road? Thanks.

-Dave

Reply to
Dave

I've had good luck with Olimex

your board is small, they will panelize for free so that you get the best value for their money.

-- D. Jay Newman

D. Jay Newman

Hi D. Jay,

What software are you using to generate the layout files?

-Dave

Reply to
Dave

Just "Jay". :)

I just sent them the Eagle files. You have to run a couple of script files you download from them, but they're easy.

And the product is wonderful.

-- D. Jay Newman

D. Jay Newman

I have used Olimex for three projects so far, and they have produced acceptable boards, but I have always gotten a few with copper bridges and copper dropouts.

So I just check the boards REALLY carefully with a magnifying glass with both frontlighting and backlighting, and fix the traces before soldering the parts on.

For the price, I am perfectly happy with doing this, and I will continue to use them in the future.

I also use Eagle to do the schematic-capture and layout, and I just send Olimex. I always seem to get SOMETHING not exactly right, so I have an extra $3.00 charge for a non-standard drill bit, or $5.00 for redoing the silkscreen. I try and try, but I just can't seem to get everything exactly right. Oh well.

Here are some projects I have done with them:

Alan Kilian