PCB fabrication

Hi All,
I'm wanting to design a PCB and have it professionally manufactured. I don't need huge quantities and am going to design it myself. So far I've looked
into the following companies:
www.expresspcb.com www.pcbfabexpress.com www.pcbexpress.com
Naturally, I'm looking for the least expensive solution. I think 2 layers will be enough and no fancy silk-screening or solder masks are needed. I'll probably start off with a quantity of 10. Anyone else have any suggestions whose already been down this road? Thanks.
-Dave
Dave wrote:

I've had good luck with Olimex (http://www.olimex.com /). If your board is small, they will panelize for free so that you get the best value for their money. -- D. Jay Newman http://enerd.ws/robots /
Hi D. Jay,
What software are you using to generate the layout files?
-Dave

don't
looked
Dave wrote:

Just "Jay". :)
I just sent them the Eagle files. You have to run a couple of script files you download from them, but they're easy.
And the product is wonderful. -- D. Jay Newman http://enerd.ws/robots /
I have used Olimex for three projects so far, and they have produced acceptable boards, but I have always gotten a few with copper bridges and copper dropouts.
So I just check the boards REALLY carefully with a magnifying glass with both frontlighting and backlighting, and fix the traces before soldering the parts on.
For the price, I am perfectly happy with doing this, and I will continue to use them in the future.
I also use Eagle to do the schematic-capture and layout, and I just send Olimex. I always seem to get SOMETHING not exactly right, so I have an extra $3.00 charge for a non-standard drill bit, or $5.00 for redoing the silkscreen. I try and try, but I just can't seem to get everything exactly right. Oh well.
Here are some projects I have done with them: http://bobodyne.com/web-docs/robots/Hex/PCB/index.html http://bobodyne.com/web-docs/robots/Hex/Petal_3/index.html
http://bobodyne.com/web-docs/robots/Trippy/Board/index.html http://www.infinetivity.com/~jsampson/rsoh/020301 / http://www.infinetivity.com/~jsampson/rsoh/020201 /
--
- Alan Kilian <alank(at)timelogic.com>
Director of Bioinformatics, TimeLogic Corporation 763-449-7622