similar development boards to the "Parallax Professional Development Board"

Hi,

Out of curiosity, can anyone recommend AVR development boards that are similar to the "Parallax Professional Development Board"

This seems like it has a lot of interesting features -- except I would like to have one for AVR microcontroller.

Thanks for your time, Mark

Reply to
mophobia

I've seen a few dev boards with integrated breadboards for the AVR, but not many. One is available from Futurlec.com, but I'll warn you I've had trouble with this company accepting my order and charging my card even through they were weeks backordered on product. Tread carefully. OTOH, the prices are very good.

Otherwise, you can always use something like the STK500 and run the headers out to the breadboard. I like the (somewhat overdone) AVR board from mikroElectronika. The most common hardware (LEDs, buttons, LCDs, even an SD card) are already attached. You can make your own 2x5-to-10 pin cables so attach ports to a separate breadboard. Can't say I recommend their compilers yet, though. They are too new and I found the Basic compiler for the AVR not at all optimized, and some libraries didn't work. You can use most anyone's compiler with the board. I bought mine from Circuit-Ed, which is based in the US -- excellent customer service.

-- Gordon

Reply to
Gordon McComb

Have a look at the breadboard at:

is a bare board, but the price halved today, so it may suit you.

to drive it, a DT006 also at half price:

Or as Gordon suggests, you can drive it from an STK500 if this suits your needs.

Don...

Reply to
Don McKenzie