stepper motor source

I am looking for source(s) for a 24 volt dc nema 23 stepper motor (preferably 5-lead) somewhere around 140 oz. in.

Anybody have any ideas? It would be to use on an NC desktop machine.

Thanks in advance, Ace

Reply to
Ace

24-volt steppers aren't too common especially on the surplus market, as most are 3, 5 or 12 volt -- being takeouts from printers, computers, audio players, and that sort of thing.

In any case, the usual suspects for surplus motors apply:

...and a whole slew of others. Most sell motors at least up to NEMA 23.

You might also try Web sites of stepper makers for pointers to local distributors. If you're looking for something specific it can often be easier just to buy retail! Try

for starters.

Folks like Dave Rigotti have been selling CNC kits and parts for a while. His Web still is

I don't see any 24v steppers, though...again, this is not too common for steppers (common for DC motors in automation, though).

-- Gordon

Reply to
Gordon McComb

Thanks Gordon,

I'll keep your message & check these sites perodically.

Reply to
Ace