do they make servo motors that are the same sizes as a dc standard motor?

Hi,

I was looking for a servo motor that comes in the same size as a dc standard motor -- similar to the one found:

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

Reply to
mophobia

Hi,

I was looking for a servo or stepper motor that comes in the same size as a dc standard motor -- similar to the one found:

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

Reply to
mophobia

Do you mean like an Radio Controller servo motor, or do you mean a DC servo motor ??

donald

Reply to
Donald

Maybe what you're looking for is a micro or mini servo. Some are as small as a dime (well, not as thin, but they're definitely small). All the major servo companies sell 'em. I have a couple of real small ones on my page:

but the stock is limited to only those I use in other products. HobbyEngineering sells some micro servos, as does Tower Hobbies and most of the hobby-related online stores.

-- Gordon

Reply to
Gordon McComb

A Faulhaber 1516 series motor

with an IE2 encoder

and an MCDC series motor controller

is exactly what you asked for.

But that's not a cheap solution. Call Faulhaber and ask for pricing. This is high-quality industrial automation gear.

John Nagle

Reply to
John Nagle