Suggestion on mounting a lab tripod to metal base

Hi all,
I bought a small lab tripod (one for holding beaker/flask) and looking for suggestions on how to mount it firmly to an aluminium base. The
setup looks like below: -- / \ / \ ----------
The tripod legs are made from steel. I'm mounting a panoramic mirror underneath for use with a robot. I would like to avoid any permanent method in case I need to modify it.
Thanks
Nghia wrote:

Sounds like a job for hotglue, those glue sticks you melt. You can build up the material for a good hold, but tear it all out later. It is ugly, though.
Mike Ross

That sounds like a good idea. If it gets too much trouble making a non- permanent joint I might try some metal adhesive.