Help finding camera

Hello,

I'm trying to find a bunch of cheap cameras for a budget project I am working on, but I haven't had much luck. I need the following:

- small enclosed camera or board camera

- black and white

- usb or 1394 with directshow drivers (preferably UVC or DCAM)

- m12 or cs lens mount

- no IR filtering

- 1/3" or greater sensor size (to expand field of view with lens)

- less than $100

no real preference on:

- resolution

- sensor type (CMOS CCD)

ironically a cheap $5.99 webcam off ebay did the job, except:

- need to mount two of them (not stereo though) in PERFECT alignment and cheap swivel plastic, etc just doesn't work

- need to mount super wide angle lense

- would prefer strictly b&w

any idea on resources to help find this? All of the machine vision cameras I'm seeing are well over $100! I'm quite irritated that it looks like I'm going to have to fork out that much each of these when the $5.99 camera had all of the electronics covered!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Have you actually tried using two or more USB cams at the same time in your project? When connected to a PC, most USB cams can only be used one at a time.

Reply to
Si Ballenger

No, actually I haven't. I've used them separately but haven't been able to align them well enough to use them simultaneously. What route should I go for 2 cameras, most likely on the same DirectShow filter graph? 1394?

Not knowing what the intended use is, I would think several analog cams being switched to use a single capture card/device would be a possible solution. Supercircuits below has a large selection of analog cams.

Si Ballenger