Telerobotics

I'm looking for some information on telerobotics. I'm new to the field and I want to educate myself on the state of the art. I'd also like to
find sources of commercial systems and/or component manufacturers.
The application I'm interested in is hazardous environment equipment handling, construction and repair of heavy equipment. Tele-medical precision is definitely not required, but I may have to manipulate 500 lb objects. This isn't a nuclear or chemical application and the separation between the tools and operator will be no more than a few hundred feet (dedicated comm. can be used so as not to worry about Internet latency and security).
Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:

I can't really comment upon the US market place but in the UK I'd suggest looking at these....
    http://www.jfnuclear.co.uk /     http://www.perryslingsbysystems.com /
I don't think they offer much on their websites that will educate, some general info can be found here:-
    http://www.oxfordtechnologies.co.uk /
These guys are born out of JET nuclear fusion research project, while the former have been employers at one time or another ;)
regards, colin
--

www.minisumo.org.uk

(Remove the "No Spam" to reply by email!)