The Newton method to solve the direct kinematics of parallel robots

Dieudonne, Parrish and Bardusch in a technical report (NASA D-7067) seem to be the first to apply the Newton-Raphson method to solve the direct kinematics of parallel robots. This is now freely available in the NASA archives.

Can anyone tell me the reference of the first journal paper on the use of Newton to solve the direct kinematics of parallel robots ? I mean to solve the general 6-6 Gough platform and I am not talking about the interval ones.

LHR

Reply to
laurentien