Trying to grok reed relays

    --Picked up some surplus whatchacallits and can't quite get the hang of them. They're rectangular, maybe 3/16" high and 3/4" wide;
marked as follows:     2200-2302     COTO-9210k     --On the pinout side they look like this:     x x x x     x x     --The application is a Basic Stamp, where I'm hoping to use the 5v tap to activate a higher current circuit with a 12v gel cell and solenoid which will activate a pneumatic system. Any help in understanding how these things are wired up would be appreciated.
-- "Steamboat Ed" Haas : Quando Omni Hacking the Trailing Edge! : Flunkus Moritati http://www.nmpproducts.com/intro.htm ---Decks a-wash in a sea of words---
steamer wrote:

Hi Ed. Don't remember, from your other postings, how familiar you are with electrical stuff. But if they are relays, then you should be able to find
the pins for the winding by checking resistance from pin to pin. The closed contacts will measure almost zero Ohms.
It is common to have the connection for the moveable part on one end of the package and the contacts on the other end. The winding connections would then be on the end with the moveable connection.
Too bad you live down the road too far to just bring one in to my shop.
Oh yes do you have the date for the steam in? I should just call B&W and ask.
Bill K7NOM (near Sacramento)
    --Steamboat regatta will be the weekend of Sept 27, altho folks are starting to arrive Wed and Thursday and stay past Monday. Lotsa steaming. I hope to have Patty O'Furniture there and at least flopping about, if not really controllable by then.     --Re: relays: I had an inspiration and swapped the relays for some 7805 transistors, which, frankly, make more sense to me. I've managed to get one solenoid working correctly. Current problem: writing the routine that activates it as a callable subroutine, so that I can do the same for all 6 solenoids, so that I can write a tap-dancing routine. Having a little trouble with syntax though...
--
replying to steamer , RichR wrote:

I realize it may be a little late to answer, but the datasheet for these Coto Technology Reed Relays can be seen at: http://cotorelay.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/2200_series_reed_relay_datasheet.pdf