two-way communication?

Howdy folks!

Been away from the robot community for a while, and in getting back to it I'm digging up some bots I was working on a few years ago, but never finished.

Back then, I was 68HC11 primarily, and now want to switch over to PIC- based. Question is, I need these two to communicate now and then (not very often, and just a few bytes here and there). What are folks doing these days without going to high-end radio, bluetooth, or Wi-Fi for communicating between multiple bots?

These guys are little (palm sized) and may be out of sight from each other, so line of sight isn't guaranteed (otherwise I'd probably try infrared), but the distance will be under 25ft.

TIA Steve

Reply to
Steve

Hate to answer my own question, but this seems to be the kind of thing I'm looking for:

(watch the wrapping)

Has anyone used this product before?

TIA Steve

Reply to