[FA] Two Dollar Bills and some GDs

See link below if you need some Twos or GDs for re-sale, or stocking stuffers.

Reply to
Fred Shecter

OOPS, that was supposed to be the nichrome announcement and the Twos and GDs announcement was supposed ot go to other newsgroups.

Same link.

Reply to
Fred Shecter

So you're selling stuff on ebay that can be bought at a bank in the buyers area at face value?.

I regularly get $2 bills and "golden dollars" from my local bank as stocking stuffers! You just got to call ahead so the bank will have the $2 bills and dollar coins on hand. And then they can be bought at face value!

I'm surprised that you'd auction $2 bills and $1 coins for more than they can be obtained at a local bank!

Hey, if someone want's to send me $20 for a ten dollar bill that I got from my local bank, feel free!

Fred - I'm surprised you have "done a Jerry" here...

AZ Woody

I'm not.

Jerry

Profit=revenues-expenses (*volume)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

The coins are uncirculated and the bills are sealed and in sequence. Calling ahead to the bank can't get you that. Geez Woody, if you don't get it either ask nicely or just sit quietly. You're trying to pick a fight with one of the good guys and all it does is make you look like a jerk.

Reply to
Reece Talley

Incorrect.

2004 Golden Dollars cannot be obtained from any bank. Especially uncirculated. The mint never released any 2002, 2003, 2004 or 2005 Golden Dollars to the Federal Reserve for normal circulation. They were sold as numismatic items only directly from the mint at way over face value.

The reason they never released them is that instead of the planed 130 million GDs in year 2000, they minted 1.3 Billion in an attempt to flood the supply and stop people from complaining that their banks claimed they could not get any. That supply has finally dropped down in amny cities and many of the 130 million minted in 2001 have finally been mixed into the supply. Los Angeles started getting some 2001-D GDs last Christmas season and they have continued to be mixed in all year (about 10% of the supply). And, of course, once they get mixed into the other coins and rolled and delivered to the local bank they are considered "circulated" and not collectable. They still buy a Coke or a ride on the bus/trolly/subway.

As for Twos, you cannot possibly get BEP straps or bundles of 1995 Twos from your bank. You can certainly get circulated bills in mixed straps, but those have no numismatic value. They are worth $2. And many people live in towns or small cities where their banks refuse to order new Twos, so the BEP Brick/bundle of Twos from series 2003 is desireable to those who want crisp, sequential serial number, uncirculated bills.

Demand for those is seasonal. Sometimes they sell for $2500, sometimes they sell for a lot less. And I cannot always get them. In Los Angeles, our local branch of the Federal Reserve will ship out whatever is on hand. If they are flooded with circulated/thrashed bills, that's what gets shipped to banks. If they run out or low, they order more from the BEP and then we get new bills.

they also ship new bills once a year during the holiday season IF your bank actually sends in an order using the correct forms. Many banks do so, and many more refuse to do a damned thing for their customers.

I encourage you to order thousands of Twos and Golden Dollars from your bank every week. Tell us what they supply you with. This is the season so you might get new money.

And be sure to pick up 10 Centuri Saturn V kits at your local hobby shop.

;)

Reply to
shreadvector

Thanks.

Of coourse, the nichrome wire cannot be considered "uncirculated" since I had to pull 100 feet coils off the big spool - and I only had a cotton glove on one hand (to avoid slicing it).

And one more tid-bit for coin collecting fans: In the regular circulated rolls you can indeed find a 2002, 2003, 2004 or 2005 GD once in a while because some collectors bought the mint bags, saved a few choice specimins and spent the rest to plant seeds for others to find. I find about 2 in 1000 of these dates, but the 2005 is the rarest at this point in time. Collectors are not spending many of those since the mint really jacked the price of those up. I never bought any of those from the mint because they raised the price too high.

I did get a mint bag of 2001-D GDs through a local bank (who ordered it from the local Fed) back in Jan/Feb 2005. Face value, no fees. Very nice. No luck getting another bag since then.

Now for reocketry related content: Our local NAR section likes to encourage folks to use the GDs and Twos at the local park to pay the vehicle/admission fee. That way they can see the "rocket revenue" on days when we have a launch. It also helps them since they are always running out of change for $20s and $50s.

-Fed Shecter NAR 20117

Reply to
shreadvector

Oh, and the 1995 strap of Twos was bought up in no time using "Buy It Now". I obviously priced it below market value. I know the 1976 Twos go for about $300 and sometimes up to $400 a strap.

I've got only one more 1995 strap left. If anyone wants it, let me know before I list it on Sunday.

;)

Reply to
shreadvector

You forgot to tell him that if people don't think they should pay your price, they don't have to. Of course if it's so easy, they can just go to the bank and get some.

Reply to
Phil Stein

There's quite a bit of Two Dollar bill discussion on the wheresgeorge.com main forum. Did you know that $10 bills are slowly going the way of the Two? many retailers refuse to order them to use as change. They still use them if a customer brings them in, but they never order them from their bank or armored car company and never give them to the registers.

I like my AMEX or corporate card for buying airline tickets, and I like online bill paying and PayPal, but for everything else, Kash is King.

;)

Reply to
shreadvector

I always try to keep odd currency in pocket; it's fun to see the clerks at the convenience store have a nervous breakdown. (I've had two-dollar bills flat out refused, with threats to call the police if I tried to "pass" one again.)

If you like to create mayhem as well, your local post office is a good source of golden dollars. The stamp machines give them as change from a $10 or $20 bill.

Reply to
Scott Schuckert

Ever heard of "collectors"? Ever gotten a catalog from the US Mint, or checked their website?

Fred's prices are reasonable and he's catering to collectors.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Fred, do you have 10 of the GDs that you would sell to me at face value? I'm working on a project where these would come in handy.

Reply to
Reece Talley

I agree, but he IS selling U.S. Currency at well above face value. It just feels wrong :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Reply to
lightnpyro