UK Robotics Clubs?

Hi,
I've searched all over the place, including past posting from this group, and have found that there is precious little in the way of
hobbits robotic groups in the UK. I think I was able to roughly locate 2 from the website: http://www.competition-robotics.com/clubdefault.asp , and not a lot else.
Is there anything in the south does anyone knows of? What I'm looking for is something non-internet based, runs competitions, meeting once every month or couple of months? Not specifically student based cos I'm not one :) I've seen a few competitions etc but all linked to Univ's hence the comment.
Hell I've been thinking of setting up something myself, would be based in the south of England, try and find a hall some where to rent out? Range of competitions...Donno stuff like Line/Maze following, autonomous "Robot Wars" (Not heavy metal), head to head obstacle races.
Anyway if anyone knows of such a club please let me know.
Regards
Mark
Hi Mark and the group,
I'm looking for the same in the East Midlands. I belong to an amateur radio club which is struggling to make ends meet (like many other AR clubs). They've rejected the idea of becoming a radio and computer club to boost membership, but are warming to the idea of being a radio and electronics club. (Amateur radio and robotics are not too closely connected: Radio-electronics and electronics-robotics obviously are). You might try approaching your local amateur radio club. Look in Practical Wireless magazine for your local club, or tell me your location and I'll look for you. Many radio amateurs are practical types and keen to share their knowledge.
Best regards,
John (Nottingham)

--
John Fletcher

Hi Mark Yes it would be good to get some decent robotic clubs going in the UK. I have left messages on the web but no results so far. I live in Trowbridge which is near Bath SW England. Does that include me in the south? I guess it's just lack of people compared with the USA that is making it difficult. It may be only 1percent of the population that is interested in robotics and so they tend to be thinly spread over the country. Anyway if you get a club going could I visit? Alan

Alan, Yes, of course, if I get one going! Need to drum up some more interest. I have to say I and surprised at the lack or responses and pretty much all other UK robotics club based responses
John, I live near Stansted. If you could let me know about the amature radio club/s in the area I'll try and contact them.
Thanks
Mark