using standard servos with LEGO parts?

I've found that -- not surprisingly -- using a standard servo with LEGO parts is annoyingly troublesome. The mounting holes and case size don't
match up neatly with LEGO hole/stud spacing.
I can imagine making an adapter part or two, perhaps as easily as drilling appropriate holes in a piece of plastic. But I'm wondering if anyone else has already come up with a clever solution to this problem. A quick Google search turned up only one item, using a nonstandard (smaller) servo.
Any pointers appreciated!
Thanks, - Joe
Joe Strout wrote:

One of the first I did was a LEGO-compatible servo mount for standard servos.
http://www.budgetrobotics.com/shop/?shop=1&cat2
It's not "clever" but it does work!
-- Gordon

That's cool! I had seen that before, but forgotten about it.
Does the position of the technic beam work out such that, when you build a "box" or frame enclosing the servo, you can arrange for a technic pin or hole directly opposite the servo horn, so as to make a joint?
Thanks, - Joe
Joe Strout wrote:

I wouldn't know. Maybe you'll get lucky. All I did was put the two mounting holes a LEGO-happy distance apart. There's probably a multitude of ways people may want to use it. At the time I envisioned the mounts for continuous rotation servos.
-- Gordon

OK, probably not, then. :) But it's still a cool part.
Thanks, - Joe
Gordon,     I tried to contact you a while back via the email on the contact page asking if you had any cad drawings of this servo mount, but didn't hear back : ( I'd like to import it or recreate in LDRAW so that people can use it easily in their Lego creations. So, got any cad or dimensional drawings I can work from ?     Thanks     -JSM
Gordon McComb wrote:

Jason S. Mantor wrote:

Heavy spam filters. Sorry.
My CAD drawings end up going to CAM files, and they have offsets for a router with a 1/8" bit (plus a slight adjustment for expansion/contraction caused by heat). Because of this they are not dimensionally meaningful outside my CAD/CAM setup. You'd get more accuracy measuring one of the brackets using an old wooden yardstick! <g>
-- Gordon
Gordon McComb wrote:

OK, but I think I'll use my el cheapo digital calipers : )