Voice Controlled Robosapien

I'm still not sure what it is you're doubting. Are you doubting speech recongition (it's not voice recognition) technology today can't accurately reco a collection of words from a single speaker? Or that the speech can't trigger macro commands through an IR interface? What's so hard to believe, other than someone would take the time to want to share this with others?

I dunno...he has better things to do with his time? Or maybe he's camera shy? (Have you ever seen a picture of me?)

I plan on playing with this over the weekend, and I'll let you know.

-- Gordon

Reply to
Gordon McComb

Had some time this morning before going out to the shop.

With a fairly cheap microphone, and NO pre-training of the speech, the speech engine recognized 9 out of 10 words the first time around, then

10 out of 10 after I got the hang of it.

I don't have the USB UIRT that the system calls for to test the macro command output with my Robosapien, but the speech recognition is working perfectly, better than anything I've done with Microsoft speech agent.

Really, I think we ought to encourage the type of sharing Robert is doing, especially when verifying his system takes only a quick download and 10 minutes of your time.

-- Gordon

Reply to
Gordon McComb

Come on that is fake

For VR you usually need a head set and a fairly large chip.

That is why I dought that.

Reply to
Robo1

Come to think of it, how do we know you are real?

Everyone that knows robotics knows the "mini cooper robot" is a fake. It certainly fools some folks though, but usually only the ones who learned everything they know about robotics from Hollywood.

However, the voice controlled dancing Robosapien is well within the technical capabilities of a dedicated Geek.

-Brian

Reply to
Brian Dean

ohh now I get it it use'es a USB IR to comunicate with the Sapien.

Never mind now I believe it.

I downloaded and try it looks good.

Reply to
Robo1