Voice Controlled Robosapien

Gordon McComb wrote:

Had some time this morning before going out to the shop.
With a fairly cheap microphone, and NO pre-training of the speech, the speech engine recognized 9 out of 10 words the first time around, then 10 out of 10 after I got the hang of it.
I don't have the USB UIRT that the system calls for to test the macro command output with my Robosapien, but the speech recognition is working perfectly, better than anything I've done with Microsoft speech agent.
Really, I think we ought to encourage the type of sharing Robert is doing, especially when verifying his system takes only a quick download and 10 minutes of your time.
-- Gordon
Come on that is fake
For VR you usually need a head set and a fairly large chip.
That is why I dought that.
On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 02:02:59AM -0700, Robo1 wrote:

Come to think of it, how do we know you are real?
Everyone that knows robotics knows the "mini cooper robot" is a fake. It certainly fools some folks though, but usually only the ones who learned everything they know about robotics from Hollywood.
However, the voice controlled dancing Robosapien is well within the technical capabilities of a dedicated Geek.
-Brian
--
Brian Dean
BDMICRO - ATmega128 Based MAVRIC Controllers

Would be very nice. Maybe something that looked like this:
webcam = any webcam = connected to USB
Xresolution = 100 ;camera code parameters Yresolution = 100 colors = blackAndWhite dim image(Xresolution, Yresolution, colors) ;place to put image
getImage ;call USB/ webcam code
Rich