What is the difference between a carried part and a normal move of a robot?

Hey guys,

As the topics showing, it is a industrial robot question. When a industrial robot is moving a linear motion, is it different between a carried part move and a normal move?

Any helpful answer is welcomed.

Many thanks.

Bruce.

Reply to
Bruce

Define "carried move" and "normal move" in this context. I *assume* that you mean a move where the robot carries a part to a fixed tool, as opposed to a move where the robot carries the tool to a fixed part. The differences are not huge, but can be critical, and vary between robot brands and setups. If the fixed tool is setup in the robot as a fixed TCP, then rotations and interpolations will be performed/calculated around the tool, rather then around a point on the robot's end effector. On robots carrying material (like a windshield-insertion application, for example), both techniques are often used: first, a fixed tool setup for a nozzle that puts sealer around the rim of the glass, then a "normal" setup where a point "mounted" to the end effector (often placed in the center of the windshield) is moved by the robot as the glass is pressed into the car body.

Reply to
David McMillan

Thank you very much for the answer.

But here the "normal move" is move where robot move from one position to another without payload, and the "carried move" with payload.

I am wondering to know that is the trajectory generate the same or not??

Reply to
Bruce

Doubtful if anybody can answer that question for you. How the arm is programmed and used is usually specific the the task being performed by the arm and the payload being handled.

Reply to
Si Ballenger

Yes, it is a Research and development division's question, I am not sure if somebody here from R&D.

Anyway, I am waiting for the answer.

Reply to
Bruce