Re: 1/72 GATO is there a difference between the Revell/Monogram and the Revell/Germany (other than $20)

If you check out

they sell both kits...R/M is $73 and R/G is $93. I want to order one but if there is no difference. My 1/72 U-Boat is from R/G and was/is plenty warped.

Reply to
Heywood Jablomie

=2E =A0My 1/72 U-Boat is from R/G and was/is plenty warped.

Looks like Mr. Limpet got to it first with his thrummmmmmmm

craig

Reply to
crw59

Both my U-boats are straight...so I'd take the odds at 50/50 and I'd go for the $20 savings.

Reply to
Rufus

my rm is just fine also. save your $20 for vitals. lap dances, booze, traffic fines, you know, the essentials.

Reply to
someone

So in other words nobody knows the difference. Let me clarify though that my U-Boat is fairly straight...just that the hull halves didn't fall together but were spread and needed extra labor to work them together, same as installing the deck I had to spread and squeeze the hull top to make it happen. Thanks for your responses...now how about an answer from someone who can answer the original question.

Thanks

Reply to
Heywood Jablomie

mine needed tweaking a little, too. that's normal for big chunks of plastic. try building a trumpter arrier or bb. unless they were checked for perfection from the factory and shipped temp controlled, i don't think they could stay perfect. temp changes will cause warpage, even if it's a small amount. it's kind of a given.

Reply to
someone

kit, Importing cost's money. Here is the funnything Hobby Lobby has the RoG kit and if you take the 40% off of it with it a coupon it makes it quite a deal.

mike

Reply to
MQM107

$20.

Reply to
Rufus

te:

RG usually has different decals then the US Revell releases. that and the lousy paper they use for the instructions is about all the difference. Not worth the extra $20.

Craig

Reply to
crw59

Ah...I didn't think about the decals issue...although I doubt the US version of the U-Boat had the swastika on the flag...it's flat out illegal to have a swastika in Germany.

Reply to
Heywood Jablomie

Truely a given...I think my worst fitting kit is my 1/24 Airfix Harrier, (being an original 1970s model I'm sure its been through a lot of temp differences).

Reply to
Heywood Jablomie

Yeah, the fit on that was pretty awful, especially the removable wing to see the engine.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

:

How about going to revell.com and asking?

Reply to
Modeler ET