Is there a good place

I have been lurking here for weeks, and have searched google several times, so it is time to ask...

Is there a good place on the net to purchase models? I have an affinity for planes & tall ships, and my grandchildren are just starting a 60's muscle car collection. The closest Hobby Lobby is 75 miles away.

Thanks John Lange

Reply to
John

I, too, build aircraft and ships. I've gotten great service from:

Squadron mail order

Roll Models:
Model Expo is good- they have cheap prices, but a limited selection. It is worth it to sign up for their e-mail sale list:

Good luck!

-Bill

Reply to
RC Boater

"John > I have been lurking here for weeks, and have searched google several times,

There are several: Great Models at:

Expo (good tall ships):
Ensign naval models:
if you need more, check Tony's site at:

-- Chuck Ryan snipped-for-privacy@REMOVEearthlink.net Springfield OH

Reply to
Charles Ryan

Hop on their web site and request the weekly email coupon, then watch the regular site weekly for the normal sales and the email for the 50% off coupon. Then its time for a road trip and ice cream.

HL doesn't carry much for tall ships (the cheap Lindburgs), some newer ships, lots of cars and aircraft & some armour. Model Expo just dropped their excellent line of plastic tall ships (dangit!), in fact they dropped all plastic models except Tamiya. Lots of wooden tall ships though.

John >

Reply to
Grandpa

If you're int he US and not scared to order from the UK, check out the Hannants website

selection, the prices with shipping to the US seem to be decent, and the stuff gets here reasonably quickly. The only downer is with the dollar weakening, it's not be as good a deal as it used to be, but if you want foreign kits, you're going to get stung on that anyway.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Here are some that I like:

Of course, it is always a good idea to call first and make sure that what you want is really in stock or can be ordered!

Reply to
John R Meloro

"John > I have been lurking here for weeks, and have searched google several times,

Aside from snagging that 50% off HL coupon and occasionally taking the trip to stock up, there's always eBay ...

-- C.R. Krieger (Been there; bought that)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

"John > I have been lurking here for weeks, and have searched google several times,

militaryhobbies.com

they are in Canada but have free shipping on orders over $50. I always go there first.

Craig

Reply to
who me?