Revell 1/72 Gato Sub Hits Memphis....Memphis is stunned

Came in today. BIG...NICE

Reply to
haroldmcpherson

2 or 4 piece hull? hoping I dont have to take a 5 foot long box on the train home as I have had mine shipped to my work address.

Craig

Reply to
crw59

Main hull 2 piece very well packaged. Box is BIG. Kit is about 3 ft long box is a little longer and is wide and thick. If you are carrying anything other than this box you will have your hands full. Has a suprise in the instructions,comes in an envelope marked "mission" and you have a commision to be a Luteieant Commander ( phooey I can't spell). Shop here is selling for 89.99 but 4 came in and are all gone.

Anybody got a USA source for those Revell Germany 50th anniversary re-issues?

Reply to
haroldmcpherson

Main hull 2 piece very well packaged. Box is BIG. Kit is about 3 ft long box is a little longer and is wide and thick. If you are carrying anything other than this box you will have your hands full. Has a suprise in the instructions,comes in an envelope marked "mission" and you have a commision to be a Luteieant Commander ( phooey I can't spell). Shop here is selling for 89.99 but 4 came in and are all gone.

Anybody got a USA source for those Revell Germany 50th anniversary re-issues?

Reply to
haroldmcpherson

3 foot box? 2 piece hull? 5 foot long kit? I can't get the math to work on that.

Can I assume the bow and stern are separate sections and we will have to deal with getting those seams to disappear??

Craig

Reply to
crw59

Kit is about 3 ft long. Box is a little longer.

Reply to
Willshak

crw59

If the kit's about 3' long, it ain't 1/72 scale.

Willshak wrote:

Reply to
frank

Reply to
frank

Harold must have a tape measure divided in cubits, or he doesn't have the model. I'd go with the Squadron size of 52"

Reply to
Willshak

Reply to
frank

Gotta-getta...

Reply to
Rufus

If I showed up with that monster it would be me that would be stunned by the cast iron frying pan that would be applied to my forehead by my wife (:>

Reply to
Count DeMoney

undertones

Getting teenage kicks all through the night. Alright!

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

52". The Gato class is about 312" long according to
Since 1" = 6 feet in 1/72 scale, 52" scales out right. Also, Trumpeter's corresponding 1/144 kit is listed at half the size at 26".

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

just got mine delivered to my desk. the box is 38 and 1/4 inches. so it looks like we have a few extra hull seams to work with, unless Revell twisted her around in the box.

Am guessing stern, middle and bow sections. Crud, nothing like big seams to hide.

Craig

Reply to
crw59

My point. The OP said it's 3 feet long. Twice, IIRC.

Dave Williams wrote:

Reply to
frank

Can you imagine if it was a cut-away with all the internal details? Man would that be a piece of art! I wonder if enough photos and a set of plans are available to do something like that with this kit? Grandpa John

Reply to
John DeBoo

wanna hold her, wanna hold her, wanna hold her tight, get teenage kicks all through the night!

good.

i don't want to get over you, there's nothing else that i can do, i just don't wanna get over you, over you!

better