Re: GATO class sub model (Revell)

John DeBoo wrote: : So what is the overall consensus on this model by those who are working : on it - good, bad, indifferent? : It is a very nice model. The only "problem" with it is that there were three different yards producing them, so each yard had details specific to themselves. The, each boat was modified both on the ways and every time it made port, so no two boats were similiar.

That being said, I think I am going to find the DVD for "The Pink Submarine", paint mine pink down to the water line with some waathering from the waterline down, no weathering for the pink paint, and call it:

"Oh Ramone!"

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

Bruce,

The movie you are speaking of is called "Operation Petticoat" and is going to be shown on AMC at 9:00 AM on June 14 (this Thursday).

I think I'll TIVO it!

Mike

Reply to
Michael Lloyd

it's 60's sap and corn, but it is funny when you see the sub. weren't some of the primers that color?

Reply to
someone

Bruce,

That only works if you have the luau on the deck and a burning truck in the background...

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain.invalid wrote: : In article , Michael Lloyd wrote: : :>The movie you are speaking of is called "Operation Petticoat" and is :>going to be shown on AMC at 9:00 AM on June 14 (this Thursday). : Dang it! Thanks for the name correction. I'll still need the DVD, so I can get a good look at where the water line is (I suspect the boat is in a light ship condition, so it is likely higher than normal). Also, I need to see if the prop guards are in place - these were nearly always removed on operational boats, both for speed and noise reasons, but the post-war boat may well have them in place. : : it's 60's sap and corn, but it is funny when you see the : sub. weren't some of the primers that color? : They did not have enough red primer nor enough white lead primer, so they mixed the two primers together. The result...

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

yes, i remember that parts, but weren't there actual punk primers? maybe not navey. damn crs.

Reply to
someone