Revell 1/72 Gato Sub Hits Memphis....Memphis is stunned

just remember to reat yourself well.

indeed. our resident library and good guy.

Yeah...first thing I did when I got home was head straight to the garage an throw a leg over my Glides...may not be able to stand them up yet, but I can fire them up and listen.

Reply to
Rufus

Planning on it...

Reply to
Rufus

It always helps to have Mom there. Let her fuss over you a bit. And get well!

Bill Banaszak

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Tom Young would be my guess. He came up with a packet for me on the Rotodyne that told me things I didn't know. Highly recommended!

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Yeah, I took the scenic route to the Post Office today and digitally captured some of Mother Nature's glorious colour.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Watch the rate on the pred. I've been on it a few times, and now I find that I can't just drop in 5mg chunks once I'm down to around 25mg, I have to do it by alternating 2.5mg steps, as in 25, 22.5, 25, 22.5, ...

22.5, 22.5, 20, 22.5, 20, 22.5, ... You get the idea. And then, when I get to 7.5mg I start quartering the 5mg tables so I go 7.5, 6.25, ...

Get well.

Cheers, Gary B-)

Reply to
Gary R. Schmidt

geez, what is that stuff? sounds like the junk i have to take to move.

google does not make it look to safe.

Thanks for the input. First time I've been on it (other than eye drops) and I'm already hating the stuff. Gotta come off 40mg, so I've got a road to ride to get to zero.

Reply to
Rufus

Yeah...I get that impression. My gastro doc is ready to start me coming down as of yesterday.

Reply to
Rufus

sooner the better i suspect.

I want to go on record to say I hate everyone that has contributed to this thread - grrrrr - I'm trying to reduce my stash and I've started with the ship kits.

QUIT DOING THIS TO ME - YOU'RE ALL EVIL!!!!!!!!!!

It's just an empty hull with a conning tower and a few doo-dads glued onto the outside... right. Not much better than a Revell offering from the 70s. right.... right.... tell me it's crap... please...

WmB

Reply to
WmB

Yup. And from what I'm told, the Pred is slightly weaker than the Solumedrol I was getting by IV in the joint...so I'm all hopped up.

Reply to
Rufus

If it helps, you can ONLY build Cobia from the kit, it has a few errors and worst of all, lacks the underwater flooding ports.

Reply to
Ron Smith

it's a bag or really great shit, mrs kreskie!

You're probably right. You can't build Silversides as that was a "government" boat with different flood holes, as is clearly seen on the picture in the instructions.

I can see from the instruction pics that Flasher's restored conning tower has the two aft sail locker doors one on either side, and not one above the other, both on the same side, like Cobia, plus they look bigger on Flasher. Also she has SS radar, which isn't included, but she probably carried SD earlier.

That;s part of the problem with Gatos. Even getting past the different free flooding holes between the "government" and "private" boats, each one seemed unique. Some had enclosed periscope shears, some didn't, different radar fits, and so on. Because of all the subtle differences, it's probably impossible for a kit manufacturer to make one kit in a box that represents multiple boats unless they do a lot of research on individual differences and put in a lot of alternate parts. Oh well, there's always aftermarket!

Just glad we have this kit, even as a base for other Gatos.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

...interesting. The U-boat is missing the vent valves, and only one of the many etch sets for it include them - in fact, if you really want to work it, you have to buy all of the available etch sets and pick and choose. Every one of them is missing something that the other has.

Reply to
Rufus

Thanks for the very nice boost, guys. Appreciated.

For those who don't already know:

MAI Research Service. We provide research packets for modelers, artists, writers, news media, film research, model manufacturers and the like. Our library is about 7500 books and magazines and a couple of file cabinets crammed with all kinds of material, all cross-referenced by aircraft type and natonality with notes on detals, cutaways, plans, drawings, etc.

Fee is arranged on a sliding scale starting at $10. Every item has the source marked to allow you to track down the original source if you like. Color copies are $1 each.

Interested? E-mail us and let's see what you need. Be prepared to povide a lst of what you already have. Duplication of effort is spinning wheels.

Tom & Lynne Young for MAI/ESM 72

e wrote:

Reply to
maiesm72