1/72 Gato - the real question

A big part of me wants to get the new 1/72 Gato, but there's this practical consideration that's bugging me - so let me ask those of you who have purchased and are building your Gato:

Where are you going to display that monster?

Reply to
Pauli G

I intend to put wheels on mine and incorporate a vacuum cleaner motor with accessories. That, of coarse, is my wife's compromise with regard to letting me actually buy one (:>

Pauli G wrote:

Reply to
Count DeMoney

must be why my 7c was a gift and is in a closet. i wanna build it.

Ron Smith

I bought one yesterday (Sunday) at the Kit Collectors Expo in Buena Park, CA. I paid $80 out the door. To a person, everyone I showed it to asked that very question. And I don't have an answer. BTW, my wife was with me & blessed the purchase. All I had to do was buy her an Egg Plane. She's a keeper. It's why we celebrated our 24th anniversary last week.

Reply to
the Legend of LAX

You know, actually, you could park it next to your 1/35 Dora (:>

Reply to
Count DeMoney

My wife of 37 years simply sighed and asked if it was coming to Hobby Lobby soon. At 40% off I can do that! She's a keeper too!!! Grandpa John

Reply to
John DeBoo

Got mine today. But the thing about it is, not enough numbers to it. I am making mine the Drum (SS-228). Just need the small hull numbers.

Reply to
William L. Powell

Mine will be displayed in the attic along with the 1/72 U-boat and that

1/72 subchaser kit "Snow..."?

when the heck are we gonna get a 1/72 big honkin' Japanese sub, I-19!

Craig

Reply to
crw59

or one of the jap monster subs...400's?

Hey Dale,

I guess we are two of the lucky ones. My wife doesn't care either. If it makes me happy and the bills are all paid, or even if they wern't (they have to be paid, MY rule), she's all for it. BTW, this will be our 33rd anniversary.

Rusty White Flagship Models Inc. flagshipmodels.com

Reply to
Rusty White