where to get aluminium?

what site would you recommend to purchase aluminium?
Dale

metal/welding supply store
: what site would you recommend to purchase aluminium?
Your local True Value hardware store. :-)
In a pinch Home Depot, however I have discovered the hours of my life they suck away on line more than makes up for any bit of money I might save there.
Chris Candreva -- snipped-for-privacy@westnet.com -- (914) 967-7816
Dale Smith wrote:

Many home improvement/hardware stores have aluminum. So do hobby shops. But it all depends on what you're looking for. If the pieces are small (so shipping weight is low) you could try onlinemetals.com.
-- Gordon
Gordon McComb wrote:

It should also be stated that not all aluminum is created equal-Certain alloys have more desirable properties, I.E.-as for cutting,drilling tapping etc. and others for bending,shaping and conforming to the desired design. If you do buy metals online, you can be assured of knowing what you are getting. Shop wisely! And as stated-Beware the shipping monster.
Mark
Dale Smith wrote:

"Metal Supermarkets" might have what you need. Also, they have retail stores, including one here in Santa Clara.
Bob Smith

Home Depot for flat bars and some angle pieces. Otherwise ... eBay ! But be prudent, I bought some 1/2" AL rod on eBay and later found the same thing at Home Depot for less and no shipping.
happy shopping !
You can also get aluminum from mcmastercarr.com
They sell sheets of all sorts of raw materials, and have different alloys, specs, etc if you're interested in looking at that.. or you can just order what's cheapest :)
Dale Smith wrote:

www.onlinemetals.com.
As a last resort, and if you're not after somthing specific or large, try a scrap metal dealer.
Dale Smith wrote:

thanks all, for the suggestions they helped.